Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Game Day

I find myself blogging to keep you updated, but I have a long list of things to do. Laundry waiting to be folded, piles of papers waiting to be sorted, fall decorations waiting to be put out, a number of things to be picked up and put away. This morning I tried for a long time - or what seemed to be a long time - to get Asher to fall asleep in his bouncy chair...he wouldn't. Then I put the bouncy seat on the dryer while it was running. I heard that would work....i didn't. When I picked him up he stopped crying and fell asleep. I layed him in his crib...instantly, he woke up and started crying. I picked him up, and he stopped crying and was back to sleep quickly. I got out his swing. That worked for a while...probably 15 minutes. When he started crying again, I gave in and put on the front carrier. Now he's sleeping....but it was much easier carrying him on the front when he was inside me. :) Seems like the boy has learned that he likes sleeping the most when another body is close. Looks like he and I have a goal for the next couple weeks....teach Asher to nap....while I'm not holding him.

This past weekend was busy for us. Saturday was Asher's first Husker game day! Spencer was anxious to show him the special section in the newspaper, so they started the morning reading about the huskers together. While Spencer and I went to the game, Asher went to his first wedding with his Aunt, Uncle and cousins.
Asher is really growing a lot. He loves to look around and see what's going on. He loves sitting by the window and watching the trees. For those of you who are keeping track, he will be 7 weeks this Thursday.

No comments: