In the bathroom I keep a book called "Come Away My Beloved" by Frances J Roberts. I also keep the bible there because those are the time during the day when I'm alone and don't have busy hands. I have some time to step back, so I often read something from "Come Away My Beloved." The book is a collection of short exerpts (not really devotionals because there is no quoted scripture). Each one though speaks directly to the heart, and does quote scripture, but in a diferent way than just saying it straight from the bible. I'll leave you with one to think about today. I picked a short one because the children are needy today. So i need this more today than ever! It's also fiting with the weather today.
As Rains of Refreshing
As rains of refreshing, O Lord,
So pour out Thy Spirit upon our waiting hearts.
As showers upon new-mown hay,
O send Thy Spirit upon our thirsty souls.
For upon Thee, O God, do we wait.
Satisfy our hungering souls with Thine abundance.
Yea, fill Thou our longing hearts with Thy fulness.
For in Thy presence is fulness of Joy;
At Thy right hand are eternal pleasures.
No comments:
Post a Comment